A month ago, I spent my lunch breaks tracing out a series of tops from Ottobre and Burda. Five different tops that were cut out of five different fabrics all from my stash. All of the patterns were cut straight from the magazine patterns without alteration.
This is the first one I completed. It is from the October 2007 issue of Burda. Design #117.
It is made from a lightweight (slightly sheer) cotton I found at Hancock's a couple of years ago. The top has french seams and went together very well except for the sleeves which I realized were going to be too tight on my arms before I set them in. Thankfully, I had enough fabric to recut them out with an adjusted pattern.
Coleen chose the buttons. I really love them, but would never have thought to try something so colorful... I was sort of set on wood or coconut when I went to the store.
I really like the button plackets on the sleeve with the double buttons.
Here's the back, albeit quite wrinkled from a day at work...
I would probably shorten the sleeves a couple of inches if I were to make this again. They were supposed to be 3/4 length, but it looks like they almost hit my wrist.
I would also think about changing the collar. I am not crazy about it. It makes my neck appear shorter than it is. I might just go without one and do a binding or narrow facing.
I do really like the polo style placket and the inverted pleats that open at the waist.
Now, four more to go...
Burda Challenge: 6/2017 #103 tie neck blouse
14 hours ago